Christian Adventure Ministry- Lomilo
God's love endures forever (Ps.118:1) This is the message of hope we bring through our words and lives, to Uganda. Like Christ the effort is to meet practical needs while fulfilling the great commandments and the great commission, while discipling new believers into the great community..
Waffle and Val serve as missionaries in Uganda with the Karamojong and Teso people, together with a local Christian NGO called CLIDE Consultancy (Community Livestock Integrated Development Consultancy). They use community development, veterinary knowledge, and educational scholarships to develop relationships in these tribal communities, which then allows them opportunities to share the hope that is within them: the good news of Jesus Christ. This shows God’s love practically, drawing people into His presence to also love and serve Him. Their ministries are multi-faceted and wholistic including.
- Livestock health and husbandry training for semi-nomadic herders
- Child Sponsorship of orphans and vulnerable children who have been decimated by tribal warfare, HIV/AIDS and drought or famine.
- Peace building with tribal elders and warriors, with livelihood enhancement for this warring tribe who has been rustling cattle for the last 30 years.
- Herbal veterinary medicine development to bring a sustainable supply of indigenous medicines into the hands of the local communities and to provide an income generating source for the traditional healers (many who were former witchdoctors).
- Discipleship training using Chronological Bible Storying for semi-literate communities using oral Bible learning, spiritual songs and dramas.
- Pastoral training for indigenous spiritual leaders
Problem being solved?
People living in spiritual darkness often find themselves in abject poverty. Hopelessness and helplessness pervade the thoughts of those without the true knowledge of God and Christ.
How are you solving it?
By working with local communities to empower their people through an integrated, wholistic ministry, we strive to bring wholeness to the body, soul, spirit and mind. Our wholistic approach provides economic opportunity and spiritual growth through evangelism and discipleship, livestock and agricultural initiatives, child sponsorships, peace building with tribal warriors, herbal medicine research and development, and pastoral training.
Why are you qualified?
We love Jesus and we cannot resist sharing the hope and love we have in Him! He chose us through His grace and amazingly loves us and has appointed us to serve. Waffle Lomilo attended Multnomah Bible College and has been working in multiple ministry levels, training youth, inspiring pastors and conducting many short term missions around the world. Dr. Val Lomilo is a veterinary missionary with 25 years of experience on the mission field, working with the poor and empowering them to reach new heights.
What is the urgency?
God, through His Spirit, calls us to obedience to the calling that is within us. Our urgency comes from deep within our souls, striving to reach people for Christ while there is still time. The average life span for men in Karamoja is 49 yrs old, 54 for women. Many children die young. Satan is doing all he can do to take as much territory as possible, but God is, at this moment, is moving with power and grace across this land. We can feel His urging at this crucial time to press on with courage and determination.
FOR MORE INFO:
See our peace video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnv9e5ak91s
Visit our Web page: www.africa-vet.com
We are now in the states on furlough and would love to come visit you or speak in your church or Bible Study group. Here is our Calendar:
You can also call us. Waffle is 719 203-0768 Val is 425 247-4735.
Talk to you soon!
Start Date: ---
End Date: 29 June 2017