Cultivating CHRIST Communities
“Know that the LORD Himself is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture.” Psalm 100:3 NASB
“So Jesus said to them again, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep…if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me, I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.” John 10:7, 9, 14, 16 NASB
1. Chronological Bible story lessons, electronic & printable, affordable & reproducible, now being implemented by church youth leaders in small groups in 5 mountain village areas, strengthening foundation in Christ and relational means of bringing Christ to those still without Him. August 24th these 5 areas will gather in Tombrok (Lake Anggi Gida) where we’ll join them to celebrate and dedicate to God this endeavor.
2. Sougb missionaries (including 2 new couples added this year) and church leaders, whom we give guidance, encouragement, support to, are making progress in two areas where progress is needed in order to sustain missionary outreach. First, establishing the yearly revival/film-showing meetings. This started last June/July 2017, is currently in progress this July/August 2018, with more churches already scheduling for June/July 2019! These missionaries, including Jon, travel together to a circuit of sending churches in the mountains, prepared to receive them, to encourage and strengthen partnership in God’s Word and God’s Work here in West Papua Indonesia. Second, one of the livelihood projects recently gaining momentum, is “PT MANNA” managed by missionary Yomi & family with 4 church fellowships in the mountains (Pegaf Anggi). Coffee trees & vegetables started, chickens & pigs to follow, and the local government is involved for some resources & training, with agreed purpose of profits to be shared between loc
Greetings from Indonesia; some transitions and travels currently being worked out over the next few months...
RELOCATE …“Become established in a new location”...
• Staying in Indonesia, from the Island of West Papua to the Island of Bali
• Strategic for travel and freedom to help expand CHRIST communities with new connections
• Sustaining for healing and wellness issues Sherri is facing
• Supportive for the Sougb missionaries to continue on in West Papua with visits from us periodically
REMINDERS…“A message that helps you remember something”...
• Serving with New Horizons Foundation (project Cultivating CHRIST Communities).
• September we’ll be in the USA to care for some things (9012 Fairview Ave Brookfield IL 60513)
• Specifics back to Indonesia, September 27th flying to Jakarta, then to Bali, to continue ministry
Cultivating CHRIST Communities,
Jon & Sherri Lunow
WHAT we are doing and WHY:
1) MENTORING small groups of people how to be “Christ Communities” in their locale by meeting together with mutual participation based on the Word of God, the Headship of Christ, and the function of each member.
2) MOBILIZING national missionaries in Indonesia and the Philippines to expand Christ communities and reproduce themselves & the ministry in relational organic environments (small church fellowships, Chronological Bible teaching groups, simple livelihood projects—shared in our previous updates)
3) MANAGING all of the above mentioned! We are blessed to have been back in the USA for the past three weeks to care for necessary things with business, health, family, support, etc. New Horizons Foundation is handling all donations, with our project name “Cultivating CHRIST Communities”. Thanks to all of you who have already transitioned with us (about half); we head back to Indonesia September 27th by faith, entrusting GOD with the rest of the monthly support needed (about $2000) as we stay the course of this mission work. We appreciate your partnership. Comments? Questions? Please email. Blessings on you all.
Cultivating CHRIST Communities,
Jon & Sherri Lunow
USA address: 9012 Fairview Ave Brookfield IL 60513
USA ph# until Sep 27, 2018:
NOTE: New mailing address & Ministry info to follow in our October update after we secure housing in Denpasar/Bali INDONESIA.
Hi everyone, we’re safely here in Bali, Indonesia, safely being the key word because only a week after arriving, we were jolted out of bed at 3am by a 6.4 earthquake, but no damage in our area.
We have secured a simple condotel to get us by until settling on something more permanent. Securing housing is a bit more complicated and expensive than we had anticipated. Prayers are appreciated during this process.
Tomorrow we fly to West Papua to check on one of the livelihood projects, and meet with some of the national missionaries. Again, prayers are appreciated as we head in and out of the mountains.
Thanks to all of you who have transitioned with us to New Horizons Foundation “Cultivating CHRIST Communities”—your continued partnership in mission is much appreciated! This transition is still in process; we are trusting in the LORD’s timing and supply. Questions? Comments? Email is best (email@example.com)
Blessings on you all!
Serving CHRIST together with you,
Jon & Sherri Lunow
“So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth.”
1 Corinthians 3:7 ESV
“Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.”
Ephesians 4:15-16 ESV
The last week of October while traveling in West Papua God provided both safety and encouragements for us and those we met with—safety, because amidst a breakdown in the mountains, the truck did not lose control, then the driver wired some parts together to sustain us long enough to reach the coast where a taxi took us the rest of the way; and encouragements because the livelihood project in the mountains “PT MANNA” needed an on-site visit for counsel and encouragements amidst difficulties and hindrances (tractor buried in the mud, budgeted money to begin chickens and pigs stolen, bad weather and poor roads blocking needed connections from Manokwari to the mountains). Yet God is giving growth to the coffee trees and vegetables, with missionary Yomi and family and village churches persevering in managing the 1000 coffee trees by hand, using manpower, and affirming this is God’s property for God’s mission in West Papua. God will give the growth!
This past November 6-16 God provided for us to travel to the Philippines, participating in and encouraging the truths of the above scriptures with the local Body of Christ in Mindanao, functioning in relational organic environments, “so that it builds itself up in love”. We felt so spoiled by all of our spiritual family there, including the celebration of Jon’s birthday and gifts of food and lodging—thanks everyone! What a joy to see “each part working properly” during fellowship gatherings, and to hear testimonies of how Christ is being formed in them, in marriage & family, in work & school, including times of confession, prayer, scripture
Greetings everyone! Thankful to update you regarding visas and housing concerns from the recent meeting with Indonesian leadership here in Bali. First our visas are fine as is, good through June 28, 2019, we just need to increase frequency and amount of reporting including new rules for who we work with and how long. Secondly, we can remain in this Condotel for the duration of this visa, with plenty of ministry travels already scheduled for 2019, from this strategic location. Thanks for your partnership! Merry CHRISTmas and Happy New Year in the LORD!
Cultivating CHRIST Communities,
Jon & Sherri Lunow
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Mailing Address:
Sunset Residence Condotel #308 / Jalan Dewi Sri No.11 / Kuta-Bali 80361 Indonesia
PARTNERSHIPS IN THE USA:
REFLECTING BACK on the last 30 years since we began our missionary journey, so many of you have journeyed with us, MANY YEARS faithfully and generously, partnering in CHRIST, through His Body, His Family, His Church, to help people experience, express, and expand CHRIST communities in relational organic environments in the PHILIPPINES and INDONESIA—we are so grateful—your partnership IS God’s provision for many—thank you!
NOTE from NEW HORIZONS FOUNDATION regarding donations:
NEW ONLINE eCheck Requirements effecting online eCheck donations only. This does not apply to physical mail-in checks. All new online donations by eCheck require a ONE-TIME-ONLY verification to protect against fraud. This new requirement was ENACTED at an INTERNATIONAL LEVEL to protect donors...the first time a donor gives by eCheck, they will receive an email giving them 2 choices:
1) Follow the link in the email to verify immediately
2) Wait 1-2 banking days until the donor receives 2 micro DEPOSITS. Once these deposits are in the donors checking account, the donor follows the link, in the email, to enter the amounts they see in their checking account.
Greg, Caleb, Darius, Alona and Sara
Your New Horizons Operations Team
PARTNERSHIPS IN THE PHILIPPINES:
Requesting prayers for the Lupon House Church Fellowship in Mindanao as they begin a simple piggery, as explained to us in the following words by the Quinones family,
“...decided that we need to start with 5 piglets first because we need to feed them daily, the more pigs the more feeds, especially when they get bigger and bigger it doubles or triples the amount of feeding...praying and trusting God in everything that this livelihood project will grow for ministry purposes and needs to help also our brothers and sisters here in Lupon and a tool for much better living..May our gracious Father bless this idea..we want to thank you also for your thoughts and cares for our needs, really appreciate all your support for building up God’s ministry..God ble
Lunow Update February 2019
Greetings everyone, this month, from West Papua Indonesia, as together we are helping people help people in CHRIST: (See photos on Facebook)
—Visit church fellowships, connecting
—Launch chronological Bible teaching
—Commission 12 prepared teachers
—Promote relational participation
—Answer questions about expansion
—Visit farm project, advise & remind
—Share resources, expat missionaries
—Encourage each other in The LORD
—Meet with Sougb Missionaries
—Hear annual reports and future plans
—Discuss issues/solutions in ministry
—Strengthen mutual encouragement
—Preach The WORD
—Pray at all times in The SPIRIT
—Give thanks for PARTNERSHIP
“This is why we work hard and continue to struggle, for our hope is in the living God, who is the Savior of all people and particularly of all believers. Teach these things and insist that everyone learn them.”
1 Timothy 4:10-11 (NLT)
“We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord...I am fully convinced, my dear brothers and sisters, that you are full of goodness. You know these things so well you can teach each other all about them...And now may God, who gives us his peace, be with you all. Amen.”
Romans 15:2,14,33 (NLT)
Cultivating CHRIST Communities,
Jon & Sherri Lunow (email@example.com)
“The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.” Proverbs 16:9
1) Faith Comes By Hearing recording of the Sougb New Testament successfully PROGRESSING; we’ll check up on it in Manokwari, March 13-14
2) Missionary Guesthouse in the mountains of West Papua, Taigei, now completed, awaiting our arrival and blessing, PROMOTING unity and fellowship with the 4 Sougb churches and missionaries involved, March 15-16
3) Sougb visit to the USA, funded by the mayor, PENDING visa approval of 4 Sougb people (in process), facilitated by us, for bringing honor and thanks to the original TEAM missionaries who brought CHRIST to the Sougb people many years ago, scheduled for March 17- April 4
4) Transition regarding the PLACE for ministry-base of Cultivating CHRIST Communities, even though temporarily in Bali, The LORD is directing us away from long-term living in Indonesia, toward establishing a home base in the USA with continued travels back and forth to ministry locations as opportunities unfold, April 6-15
5) PRAYERS appreciated as The SPIRIT directs you, “...the Spirit...helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us...He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.” Romans 8:26-27
Thanks for your participation in Cultivating CHRIST Communities! Questions? Comments? Email is best: firstname.lastname@example.org
Serving as The LORD directs,
Jon & Sherri Lunow
NOTE: please erase, no longer use the previous Bali address; for snail-mail to us, please use
9012 Fairview Ave Brookfield IL 60513
Lunow Update April 2019
Thank you, dear Support Team, we feel your many prayers, according to God’s will, the Spirit helping our weakness when we do not know...but the LORD knows, directing our steps, YES and NO and WAIT...
YES to progress and encouragement with the ‘Faith Comes By Hearing’ Sougb New Testament recording team in Manokwari; half-way through; prayers requested for 2 additional willing Sougb readers, needed to complete the task in another month or so.
YES to success and safety in and out of the West Papua mountains, meeting together, blessing, and supporting the mission guesthouse ‘Rumah Betania’ (Bethany House) with 7 village churches in District Taige.
YES to Jon & Sherri returning to the USA to regroup and relocate the base of operations for Cultivating CHRIST Communities, moving our departure from Indonesia previously scheduled for mid-April but moved earlier to March 22, because of the changes below..
NO to the ‘confident and hopeful approval’ of USA visas for the 4 Sougb people—visas still pending—but another Indonesian colleague desiring the same kind of visa, application recently was denied. No news on our 4 applicants in process.
WAIT regarding the Sougb USA Visit Itinerary, postponed to April 22-May 9. This trip could become a YES or a NO depending on visa approval or denial. We’ll clearly communicate ‘yay or nay’ to all involved with the specific itinerary by April 8.
Thanks everyone for your partnership!Questions? Comments? Email anytime.
Serving as The LORD directs,
Jon & Sherri Lunow
9012 Fairview Ave
Brookfield IL 60513
Lunow Update May 2019
“Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me’...So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, ‘If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.’..It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm...”
-Jn. 14:6, 8:31-32, Gal. 5:1a NASB-
Grateful to GOD for each of you who stand firm with us in support & prayers, free to continue Cultivating CHRIST Communities, together, thank you!
—Sougb NT recording completed
—Sougb USA trip cancelled, no visas
—Travels April/May SC, ME, IN, MO, FL
—Thanks given to pioneer missionaries
—Connecting with some supporters
—Family time with kids/grands Chicago
—Moving to Ft. Mill SC June 10-11 (J&S)
—Mission work continues from SC base
—Questions? Comments? Contact us!
Jon & Sherri Lunow
Email: email@example.com / Mail:
9012 Fairview Ave Brookfield IL 60513 /
Jon 779-777-6661 / Sher 779-939-7341
Lunow Update June 2019
Where in the world are those Lunows?
In Maine at Shapleigh Baptist Church bringing thanks from the Sougb people to missionary Hank Bock who began Sougb Scripture translation, teaching Christ, leading the first believers to faith in Christ, and establishing churches. Now thousands are believers!
In Florida at the Irian Jaya Reunion Celebration, bringing Dan & Barbara Lunow (Jon’s parents) to connect with other missionaries that brought Christ to multiple tribes in Papua Indonesia, including Bible translation and church planting plus sending out national missionaries that we also help, churching & livelihood.
In Illinois with our kids and grandkids, including grandbaby #3 due October 1st! Tyler & Ellie, Ethan & Adam are still living/working in IL until further direction is clear.
In South Carolina now, currently staying with Jon’s sister, near Jon’s parents, looking to purchase & establish USA base from which to keep on with the work of helping others to Cultivate CHRIST Communities (with continued follow-up in Indonesia and the Philippines and new locations/connections as the LORD directs).
Thanks for partnering!
Grateful for Family in Christ, Jon & Sherri Lunow
Mailing Address: 1019 Cranberry Cir / Ft. Mill SC 29715
Jonlunow1@mac.com / 779-777-6661 (J) / 779-939-7341 (S)
Warganusa (see blue photo map below) is a nominal muslim area in the Bomerai Peninsula Bintuni Bay of West Papua INDONESIA, prayed for and visited by our Sougb missionaries, Urias Ahoren & daughter Jois (Jois wearing black/white standing beside the area chief and his wife in recently added photo below)-- where ministry has begun— sharing CHRIST through medicine, a funeral, and now with the chief Yohanes and his wife Dorcas & kids willing to begin Bible Study. Jois and family have volunteered to move there.
Prayers appreciated for the Papuan missionaries going (Jois and Timo with 2 young children and a baby), and for the Papuan people receiving them (Yohanes and Dorcas and children).
Fort Mill SC is the USA ministry base for us to continue the work of Cultivating CHRIST Communities—helping people experience Christ personally, express Christ with each other, and expand Christ communities in relational organic environments. Examples:
• Communicating with national missionaries in their outreaches, prayer, support
• Connecting with new people in house-church ministries stateside, networking
• Caring for health issues, receiving treatments, both Jon & Sherri, progress
• Contributing help to family members needing assistance, in SC and MI and IL
• Continuing travels/reporting to supporting churches/families this Sept/Oct
• Contacts with YOU our support team, church meetings, home visits, etc.
Prayers appreciated for Sherri’s mom (Edna Harris, recovering from hospital, moved to nursing home in Jackson MI), and for our daughter Ellie who will deliver baby#3 end of September in Hinsdale IL, and for us as we participate in all of the above!
Questions? Comments? Please contact us! Thanks for the partnership!!
Jon & Sherri Lunow
Address: 1019 Cranberry Cir Ft. Mill SC 29715
I-Phones: 779-777-6661 Jon / 779-939-7341 Sherri
Dear Support Team,
What a joy it has been to visit with so many of you in your homes and with the church families, this past April through October, sharing with you what God is doing in and through us together, Cultivating CHRIST Communities in Indonesia, the Philippines, and now the USA as the Lord directs—thanks for your support, hospitality, prayers, and on-going partnership in mission. A few highlights over the past 3 months...
1) Vonna Grace Neethling born in Illinois USA on September 29, 2019 to our daughter Ellie & son-in-law Tyler with siblings Eva (5) and Levi (3). Celebrating new life, our third grandchild!
2) Hank Bock buried in Maine on October 5, 2019, first missionary to the Sougb people of West Papua Indonesia who gathered & live-streamed with us during the funeral, honoring him with gratitude for bringing CHRIST to them. Celebrating a life well lived, now home in heaven!
3) Dale Wisner 80th birthday in California on November 17, 2019, a dear friend of 40 years, boarding home parent for Jon at Faith Academy Manila Philippines, a personal supporter and partner in mission with family. Celebrating a life of ministry with continued partnership!
LORD willing we plan to see many more of you in the New Year and will be in touch with you on dates/times for visits (December 15-31 in GA, AL, MS, IL, MI, then January 2020 back in SC), with February spending a month in Indonesia, then on to TX churches in March, and covering more of you late-spring/summer/fall—we will be in touch on logistics, and feel free to be contacting us as well, since we are only 2 and you guys are many! Thanks again and God Bless!!
Cultivating CHRIST Communities,
Jon & Sherri Lunow / firstname.lastname@example.org / 779-777-6661 (J) / 779-939-7341 (S)
Mailing address: 1019 Cranberry Circle Fort Mill SC 29715
Thank You to ALL who participate with us in Cultivating CHRIST Communities!
Highlights from 2019:
• Simple piggery started, House Church Fellowship in Lupon Mindanao Philippines, January
• Sougb Bible recording started, Faith Comes by Hearing in West Papua Indonesia, January
• Chronological Bible teaching launched, 12 teachers commissioned, interior West Papua, Feb.
• Farm project (coffee,veggies,animals) visited, advised, encouraged, interior West Papua, Feb.
• Sougb missionaries gathered for annual reporting/planning in Manokwari West Papua, Feb.
• Missionary Guesthouse completed & commissioned for use, interior West Papua, March
• Ministry base location for CCC project, transitioning from living in Asia to the USA, March
• Meetings with supporters, churches, and other missionaries in SC, ME, IN, MO, FL, April/May
• Sougb New Testament recording completed & celebrated in Manokwari West Papua, May
• Home-base established in Fort Mill SC, family time including extended family, June/July
• Sougb missionaries, communications regarding progress in Warganusa outreach, August
• House church ministries stateside, connecting with new people, networking, August
• Meetings with churches/families in TN, IN, MI, IL, MN, IA, MO, KS, WI, ME, PA, Sep/Oct
• Rest/recover in SC, visit supporters and family time in CA, IL, MI, Nov/Dec
• Progress in House Church Fellowship of Lupon, relationships growing, new piglets born Dec.
Happenings from 2020:
• Nanny support for our daughter Ellie during a week of Stephen Ministries training in FL Jan.11-18
• House Church Conference with Melbourne FL fellowship & others, learning, connecting, Jan.25th
• Faith Comes By Hearing, finalizing details with us for digital Sougb NT App & Proclaimers, Jan.
• Travel preparations to meet/minister with Sougb missionaries & churches, West Papua, Feb.2-20
Prayers and Partnership greatly appreciated,
Jon & Sherri Lunow
Email: email@example.com / I-phones: 779-777-6661 (J) / 779-939-7341 (S)
Mailing address: 1019 Cranberry Circ
West Papua Indonesia...
-New Church Fellowship gathered, planted by Sougb missionaries, north of Bintuni Bay
-Youth Bible study groups in the mountains, growing stronger, new teachers joining
-Livelihood projects continue, coffee trees planted in new areas, Sougb net bags being made and sold
-Memorial gathering for Hank Bock, first missionary bringing Christ to the Sougb people at the spot where the first 8 believers were baptized
-Gifts distributed from USA supporters to the Sougb missionaries and church leaders, gathered for the Annual Mission Meeting
-Sougb missionary families back by national churches, continue to strategize and implement outreach into unreached areas of the Bomerai Peninsula. Difficult work. Thanks for praying/giving!
Ministry in the USA & Family...
-Jon, Dan, and Sherri will be traveling in Texas March 5-24 to visit supporting churches & families
-Ellie & Tyler (with children Eva 5, Levi 3, Vonna 5mo.) have been invited to apply as dorm parents at Faith Academy Manila Philippines; currently in process of doing so; prayers for provision appreciated
Thank you for your partnership in Cultivating CHRIST Communities, generating eternal fruit that remains!
PRAISE #1 – for successful and safe travels March 5-24 in Texas with long-time supporters, speaking in 7 churches, visiting in 10 homes, before the virus restrictions took effect; for health and strength, all 3 of us (Dan--Jon’s dad now 87, Jon, Sherri) and the many we were with; for the sweet fellowship of connecting, sharing, giving thanks to the LORD with ministry partners since the 1970’s; for answers to prayers!
PRAISE #2 – for official acceptance and clarity for Neethlings (our daughter Ellie and son-in-law Tyler) to minister as dorm parents at Faith Academy Manila Philippines, August 2020 school year, in process of preparing and raising support to go...
FROM ELLIE/TYLER – excerpt from their letter for share/prayer purposes with their permission…
"...The Neethling family has a rather large update...Faith Academy, an international school in Manila, Philippines, has asked us to be boarding home parents for this coming 2020 school year. After much prayer, correspondence, applications, and more prayer, it has become clear to us that the Lord has called us to participate in the work He is doing in Manila. We believe this vision is for our ministry to have a ripple effect of sharing His gospel with the world. The Lord has called us to be His witnesses in our own Judea, Samaria, and the ends of the earth.
• Judea being our immediate ministry to the students we will be “stand in parents” for. This includes regular Bible study in the home, life-on-life discipleship, helping them with school, and taking care of everyday needs.
• Samaria being the parents abroad who have entrusted us with their children. Knowing their children are being well taken care of will prove invaluable to the impact of their ministry.
• Lastly, the ends of the earth being all people we come in contact with over the coming years.
With hope and trust in Him,
The Neethlings (Tyler & Ellie, with Eva, Levi, Vonna) / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Partnering with: Resourcing Christian Education Int. (RCE) / PO Box 4528 Wheaton IL 60189
In Mindanao Philippines, House Church Fellowship of Lupon needed more Cebuano Bibles, supplies in Manila shipped to Davao City, SIL missionary friends helping the connection, COVID lock-down begins, everyone waits/prays, then we received “Messenger” news… “ Yay, Ate Sher & Kuya Jon, God is really amazing, He always answers our prayers, Karen’s a resident in Lupon and she has a friend working at SIL in Davao, she knows Quinones name here in Lupon, saw the name on the box (while visiting in Davao), offered to hand-carry by bus when going home.” The Spirit of CHRIST working through the Body of CHRIST to bring God’s Word to those who needed them. Livelihood piggery project also expanding. Thanks for praying!
In West Papua Indonesia, Sougb missionaries press on in God’s work, specifically 2 areas: 1) Annual revival/reporting meetings between local missionaries and supporting churches; 2) Bible studies groups (chronological teaching) in the Anggi Mountain villages, growing, new groups being created, Jon to visit many this August to bring supplies (computers, projectors, glasses, vitamins, solar lanterns, and solar powered “proclaimers” (audio Sougb Bible) for more remote areas. Thanks for giving!! Travel dates 7/23-8/13.
In the USA, our kids/grands, Ellie & Tyler Neethling with Eva, Levi, Vonna, building support team as missionaries to Faith Academy Manila Philippines, provision growing, departure delayed (COVID restrictions), support-raising continues while basing in Champaign IL. Thanks for partnering with us in mission!!!
• IN the USA, the physical travel we do to bring support/supplies to the Sougb missionaries in West Papua—travel plans for this past August--hindered by virus lockdown restrictions, delayed to October, more restrictions, so travels to/within Indonesia rescheduled for the month of February 2021
• IN the Bomerai Peninsula of West Papua Indonesia, the Aroba Church Fellowship is growing in numbers and maturity as some of the nearby Irarutu people are joining
• IN the Anggi Mountains of West Papua Indonesia, the youth chronological Bible study groups in 5 different locations progress with commitment and excitement for CHRIST causing requests for start-up groups to begin in other locations
• IN the House Church Fellowship of Lupon Philippines, two of the young ladies are teaching God’s Word with many children nearby, including interested parents being prayed for, to reach out to families that are willing to gather and learn God’s Word
• IN Davao City Philippines, another house church fellowship faithfully encouraging one another the best they can through zoom connections (still under strict lockdowns), and increasing with interested families doing Bible study together and wanting to follow CHRIST, with prayers about commitment/timing for baptism
• IN Nueva Ecija north of Manila Philippines, another home fellowship looking to have a baptism soon and continuing their witness with the families around them
• IN Urbana IL USA, our kids/grands, Ellie & Tyler with Eva (6 yrs), Levi (4 yrs), Vonna (1 yr this month), continue support raising for mission work to be dorm parents at Faith Academy Manila Philippines, their departure pending country re-opening and international schools resuming; for more info or to receive ‘Neethling News’ updates you can email Ellie at email@example.com
Happy New Year greetings in the LORD to all of you!
Because of YOUR PARTNERSHIP we press on Cultivating CHRIST Communities!!
We CELEBRATE LIFE & LIGHT because the TRUTH is that, “The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.” (John 1:4-5 NLT) Thanks for your participation with us!!!
HIGHLIGHTS from 2020 include... House Church Conference in FL, connecting/learning (January); Jon traveling/visiting new church plant, livelihood projects, chronological Bible groups, bringing supplies for national missionaries including annual meeting for reporting/planning, interior West Papua Indonesia (February); Jon, Sherri, Dan successful travels/visits/meetings with supporting churches/families in Texas before COVID restrictions (March); Transition to virtual work/ministry (April--December), Bibles miraculously delivered to Lupon House church during lockdown in Philippines, limited travels within USA to visit supporting families, zoom meetings with house churches Davao City Philippines, celebrating with extended family in SC & IL (60th Anniversary, Thanksgiving, Christmas), continued coaching/advising through internet/phone communications.
HAPPENINGS for 2021... Indonesia & Philippines declare travel bans January 1-15, however, Lunows & Neethlings are prepared for travels/ministry to Indonesia & Philippines (praying bans to be lifted); LORD willing Jon travels/ministers in West Papua Indonesia February 3-27 and Neethlings travel/move to Faith Academy Manila Philippines last week of February.
HOPING and PRAYING in Jesus’ name CONTINUING on in mission,
Jon & Sherri Lunow
• Tyler, Ellie, Eva, Levi, Vonna Neethling (our kids/grands) approved with visas, tickets, support, flying to the Philippines March 18th to begin their mission work with Faith Academy Manila in partnership with Resourcing Christian Education International
• Indonesia travel ban lingering, Jon remains on ‘standby’, awaiting word from our Jakarta/Immigration connections, appreciate your prayers, communications on-going from West Papua Indonesia, ministries continue as CHRIST is honored and proclaimed
• Puerto Rico (US Territory in the Caribbean), home to the Bowers family (fellow missionaries/supporters), visiting together, mutual encouragement in the LORD, blessed by their ministry guest house and partnership
• Fort Lauderdale Florida, location of our son Adam’s new full-time job as animal caretaker at Jungle Queen, location we are moving to before the end of May
• Generous gifts, on-going support, faithful prayers, blessing us Lunows/Neethlings—THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU all
• Move to Florida (from SC & IL), housing, provision, connections to be worked out
• Indonesia to open up so Jon can travel to West Papua bringing what is needed
PARTICIPATING with you IN CHRIST for ETERNAL PURPOSE,
Jon & Sherri Lunow
WEST PAPUA INDONESIA: Jesus said that the gospel would first be preached to the whole world, and then the end would come; coupled with Christ Jesus purchasing people from every tribe, language, people and nation on earth, perhaps we are one ‘nation’ closer to the end. The pictures you see on the left are of the Sougb missionaries entering a language/nation to start a new work amongst the Warganusa ‘people’ in the Bomerai Peninsula, South Bintuni Bay, an area of unreached peoples we’ve been mentioning, praying for, targeting over the past 5 years—Warganusa, Baham, Sumuri, Kuri, Irarutu, and others. We are blessed to be a small part of that outreach, where neither virus’ nor spiritual darkness can destroy what God has purposed to accomplish from before the foundations of the earth were laid, that Christ fills all and is in all. Pray for Timo (blue shirt left) and family (Jois & 3 kids), as well as Barens (pictured right of Timo in black shirt & red hat) as they begin this work in this remote area of Papua Barat. Jon remains on ‘standby’ to fly to Indonesia, waiting on visa options & travel ban to lift, trusting God’s timing to return on-site, meanwhile phone calls, messaging, zoom/internet meetings/teachings continue, the work goes on! Your prayers and support bless ALL involved, thank you!!
FLORIDA USA: Answered prayers, provision of housing, God’s favor in moving process from IL & SC to South Florida. NEW ADDRESS: 5006 NW 1st AVE. DEERFIELD BEACH FL 33064 about 30 min. to/from Adam’s new job, and our new home base Stateside for Cultivating CHRIST Communities.
Serving CHRIST together, Jon & Sherri Lunow, 5006 NW 1st Ave. Deerfield Beach FL 33064
IN THE PHILIPPINES, House Church Fellowship of Davao celebrating baptism of 2 more believers representing 2 families following CHRIST, answered prayers with continued prayers for obeying & growing (see photos below). House Church Fellowship of Lupon preparing love gifts of food bags (rice, noodles, eggs, milk, coffee, canned meat, etc) distributing among their neighbors, friends, co-workers, orphans, widows around them with whom they are ministering God’s Love and God’s Word as people are willing to receive (see photos below). Please pray with us for these people (God knows their names), especially for a breakthrough of hearts to respond—to know, love, and follow the Lord Jesus Christ—His Way, His Provision, His Protection!
IN WEST PAPUA INDONESIA, we are starting to process a one-year ministry visa with our former Indonesian NGO that will allow me, Jon, to come and go and stay months at a time. After all the COVID related shutdowns and closures, this is welcome news and answered prayer! Communicating by cell phone and internet zoom continue as needed. Regarding the small group Bible studies, latest count is around 750 young people from the Sougb tribe that are either currently participating in or will start to join the Chronological Bible training course, many of whom I will travel to/visit with, Lord willing in June/July; so grateful for the interest in this grass roots training program which seems to have ‘taken off’. Regarding the new outreach areas in Bintuni Bay/Bomerai Peninsula, also in process of opening up/moving in with the new Sougb missionaries building a house, planting gardens, and establishing their presence for CHRIST among the Warganusa people. Thanks for praying, giving, and partnering with us in Cultivating CHRIST Communities! -Jon & Sherri Lunow
Start Date: ---
End Date: ---