Academy of Community Theatre (ACT II)
The Academy of Community Theatre (ACT II) partners with families, schools, and the community to provide a wholesome environment for actors to develop their craft, while creating high quality theatre productions at an affordable price. VISIT OUR WEBSITE
ACT II provides a high quality, educational show to schools and the public at a very low ticket price. Though we spend around $25,000 on producing a show, we only charge schools $6 per student, with public show tickets ranging from $12-15.
Keeping the ticket price low allows school children to experience the theatre - some for the very first time, and makes theatre accessible to families in the community!
To be able to offer these shows at this low price, we need community support from individuals or families.
Donations of any level are greatly appreciated and are tax deductible. Please consider a donation of $100, $500, $1,000 or more.
ACT II is also looking for Corporate Sponsors to underwrite a specific show or an entire season.
Our current projects include the following:
2014-2015 Season - $24,000 (A portion of projected expenses for the season.)
- This season ACT II will be presnting Little Woman (drama) and The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley (musical).
- Donations for the 2014-2015 Season would allow ACT II continue to increase the quality of each show, while keeping the ticket prices low.
- Donations would also allow us to secure a larger venue. With a larger venue, more schools would be able to attend.
- Part of the revenue raised would allow ACT II to give scholarships for Title 1 schools (low income schools) to attend.
- The $24,000 is a portion of the cost needed to produce 2 productions. Ticket sales and tuition cover part of the expenses as well.
Some companies will match your donation dollar for dollar up to a certain amount (or even $2 for every $1 you donate to a non-profit). To find out if your company will match your donation, click on WAYS TO GIVE at the top and then scroll to the bottom left where it says Matching Gifts.
Donations in Kind
ACT II also welcomes donations in kind. For example, if you own a printing company and want to donate the printing of programs, we can give you a tax deductible receipt for that donation.
Thank you for partnering with ACT II to develop actors and serve the community with wholesome, educational theatre!
Start Date: ---
End Date: ---