Gravity Leadership Transformation Fund
Through Gravity Leadership Academy (GLA), we have had the privilege of coaching and training hundreds of church leaders to catalyze and lead movements of transformation, starting with themselves. The stories we hear are deeply encouraging. For example:
- “GLA is giving us a common language to begin the process of transformation for our community.” - Dee Dee Peck, Boulder
- “This training actually saved me from completely giving up on ministry altogether. It’s the most Jesus-like thing I can remember belonging to.” - Derek Miller, Baltimore
- “While I hold an appreciation for all my formal education, there was something different, more basic and fundamental, more ‘life-connected’, about the centering work God did in me through GLA.” - John Vanderstoep, Toronto
The need is huge
But every week we hear from a church leader who wants the training, but simply can’t afford GLA. We hear this from faithful pastors of small churches, church planters with not quite enough funding yet, and leaders who minister among the poor and marginalized.
These leaders are doing such important works, and the needs for Christian leaders are huge. According to a recent survey:
- 90% of pastors work between 55-75 hours per week
- 90% of pastors feel they are inadequately trained to cope with the demands of ministry
- 70% of pastors constantly fight depression
- 50% of pastors feel so discouraged that they would leave the ministry if they could, but have no other way of making a living
- 80% believe pastoral ministry has negatively affected their families.
- 70% do not have someone they consider a close friend.
- 50% of pastors starting out today will not last 5 years.
- 90% of pastors quit before they get to retirement age
Because we have seen GLA bring profound transformation to so many people’s lives and ministries, we want to train as many people as we can. So we’ve given steep discounts and bartered and tried to make it work for folks who can't afford it, but if we gave as many discounts and scholarships as we’d like to give, our ministry won't be sustainable for the long haul.
Which is where YOU come in.
Help us train more leaders
Would you or your church be willing to come alongside a pastor who can’t afford this training? Would you be willing to leverage some of the resources God has given you to bless another faith community?
Leaders who need funding will need to go through an application and interview process, and we will prayerfully discern from among them the most impactful way of distributing the resources you give. (Leaders will always be paying partially toward their own enrollment, as we’ve found this helps them have some “skin in the game.”)
Our goal for December 2020 is to raise $9,000. This would allow us to offer a 75% scholarship to 6 Christian leaders to experience GLA. Will you help?
Start Date: ---
End Date: 30 December 2020