Our Purpose -
The night before Jesus endured the Cross, He first washed the disciples’ feet, shared the Passover supper, spoke His final teaching and, shortly before His arrest, prayed aloud in His friends’ hearing.
Here is part of what He prayed: “I am not praying only for these men but for all those who will believe in me through their message, that they may all be one. Just as you, Father, live in me and I live in you, I am asking that they may live in us, that the world may believe that you did send me. I have given them the honor that you gave me, that they may be one, as we are one — I in them and you in me, that they may grow complete into one, so that the world may realize that you sent me and have loved them as you loved me. Father, I want those whom you have given me to be with me where I am; I want them to see that glory which you have made mine — for you loved me before the world began.”
Our project, The Union, exists only for the purposes of uniting believers more intimately with Jesus and, from there, uniting local congregations toward one heart, as Jesus prayed in John 17. These goals are accomplished via:
1. Weekly "Union gatherings"
2. Prayer for citywide “all-believer” gatherings to encompass all Colorado Springs Believers
3. Day-by-day and week-by-week podcasts, writings and teachings from Eugene Luning, as well as other "Unionists."
4. Meeting one-on-one with men and women desirous of the "more" that Jesus offers
5. Day-retreats hosted once/quarter for both men and women
For more of the heart behind the movement, please visit our website: The Unionists
Start Date: ---
End Date: ---